Book Name: Spring Boot 2.0 Cookbook, 2nd Edition
Author: Alex Antonov
File size: 5.57 MB
File format: PDF
Take your application development skills to the next level by implementing Spring Boot features effectively
- This collection of effective recipes serves as guidelines for Spring Boot application development
- Get up to date with features of the latest version of Spring Boot 2.0
- Tips and tricks to improve your efficiency through the stages of software development
Spring Boot 2.0 Cookbook Book Description
The Spring framework provides great flexibility for Java development, which also results in tedious configuration work. Spring Boot addresses the configuration difficulties of Spring and makes it easy to create standalone, production-grade Spring-based applications.
This practical guide makes the existing development process more efficient. Spring Boot 2.0 Cookbook, 2nd Edition smartly combines all the skills and expertise to efficiently develop, test, deploy, and monitor applications using Spring Boot on premise and in the cloud. We start with an overview of the important Spring Boot features you will learn to create a web application for a RESTful service. Learn to fine-tune the behavior of a web application by learning about custom routes and asset paths and how to modify routing patterns. Address the requirements of a complex enterprise application and cover the creation of custom Spring Boot starters.
Spring Boot 2.0 Cookbook book also includes examples of the new and improved facilities available to create various kinds of tests introduced in Spring Boot 1.4 and 2.0, and gain insights into Spring Boot DevTools. Explore the basics of Spring Boot Cloud modules and various Cloud starters to make applications in “Cloud Native” and take advantage of Service Discovery and Circuit Breakers.
What you will learn
- Get to know Spring Boot Starters and create custom auto-configurations
- Work with custom annotations that enable bean activation
- Use DevTools to easily develop and debug applications
- Learn the effective testing techniques by integrating Cucumber and Spock
- Observe an eternal application configuration using Consul
- Move your existing Spring Boot applications to the cloud
- Use Hashicorp Consul and Netflix Eureka for dynamic Service Discovery
- Understand the various mechanisms that Spring Boot provides to examine an application’s health
Who this book is for
This book is for Java Developers who have good knowledge and understanding of Spring and Java application development.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Spring Boot
- Configuring Web Applications
- Web Framework Behavior Tuning
- Writing Custom Spring Boot Starters
- Application Testing
- Application Packaging and Deployment
- Health Monitoring and Data Visualization
- Spring Boot DevTools
- Spring Cloud